Sunday, February 5, 2012

I KNOW THAT JOSEPH LIED - LDS Hymn Parody #53

Sometimes I feel like a broken record because when l discuss my Exit from Mormonism, I always talk about the fact that there are so many LIES laced throughout Mormonism. Perhaps because I was entrenched in Mormonism for so many years, I have not been able to let go of how deceived I felt when I discovered the real truth - and the depth of the LIES.

As I've discussed in many other places on this blog, I was a devout Mormon for over 50 years before beginning to discover that the religion on which I based my life is actually a WEB OF LIES, and because of that, it still grates on my nerves enormously that I was duped for so long. Of course, I do blame myself to a certain extent - and ask myself many questions. Such as... Why did I just "go along" for so many years instead of performing in-depth research earlier in my life? Why wasn't I more offended by the obvious "prohibition" on intellectual curiousity? Why didn't I rebel against the obvious way in which women are told to be "submissive" and are essentially subjugated? Why did I buy into being told that when I began to feel that way, I just needed to be "more humble"?  So many questions...

I really envy others who have been able to work their way out of Mormonism at younger ages. I also envy those who, after discovering the lies or that the religion doesn't work for them, have been able to just put it aside and not dwell on it anymore. Of course, I do realize that with the Internet Age in full swing now, and with the ease of finding information via Google and other search engines, it is a lot easier now to uncover the LIES. But even so, a person has to be open to discovering the LIES in order to recognize them. So I also ask myself if I had been born later, would I have been more open to indulging my curiosity and doing actual research in my teens or 20's? A conundrum, for sure.


But the crux of the matter is that there is no doubt in my mind at all that Mormonism is a fraud. That fact is so clear to me that it practically screams in my head. I have no doubt but that Mormonism started off as a hoax created by Joseph Smith for his own purposes (mostly likely power and money, both of which facilitated his practice of polygamy and polyandry), and has been perpetuated by many others ever since its invention in the 1800's.

And that leads to my latest hymn parody - which is about, of course, the LIES.


I KNOW THAT JOSEPH LIED
Sung to the tune of I Need Thee Every Hour - #98

I know that Joseph lied,
So very clear.
And I could not remain,
To lies adhere.

(Chorus)
A liar, yes, a liar,
Nothing but a liar.
Oh, why can’t Mormons see it?
He conned us all.


I know that Joseph lied,
Did not see God.
And so the Mormon Church
Is just a fraud.

(Chorus)

A liar, yes, a liar,
Nothing but a liar.
Oh, why can’t Mormons see it?
So very clear.


I know that Joseph lied,
There is no doubt.
Though once I did believe
And was devout…


(Chorus)
I know he was a liar,
Nothing but a liar.
The man was not a Prophet,
So very clear.


I know that Joseph lied,
For his own ends.
And all the doctrine taught
My mind offends.

(Chorus)
A liar, yes, a liar,
Joseph was a liar.
Oh, why can’t Mormons see it?
So very clear.


Diane Tingen, 2/5/2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude all you keep saying is that its not true its not true, you keep saying that you want people to know that it isn't true, you keep asking for proof and not to rely on faith and your feelings, but where is your proof that its wrong, my opinion is that you believe what you believe i respect that, but also respect what mormons believe.

Diane Tingen said...

Ah, another "Anonymous" comment. Well, I'll post a response here and hope that "Anonymous" comes back to see it. First of all, it's hard to take you seriously when you start your comment off with "Dude" (especially since I'm not a "Dude," but rather a "Dudess"). Secondly, if you have read my Exit story and other posts on this blog, you'll see not only that I believe Mormonism is not true and my reasons for saying so. My "proof" is based on the facts and evidence, unlike what Mormonism tells its members, which is to have faith and "just believe." There is so much factual evidence out there that shows beyond a reasonable doubt that Mormonism is a total fraud. Please do your own independent research and perhaps you'll agree with me. But simply going along and "just believing" is not wise.