Sunday, February 5, 2012

I KNOW THAT MORMONISM FAILS - LDS Hymn Parody #54

Two LDS Hymn Parodies in one day.  My January dry spell seems to be over...

In reflecting back on the research I have done about Mormonism, the following two quotes by President Gordon B. Hinckley always enter my mind:
"Each of us has to face the matter -- either the Church is true, or it is a fraud. There is no middle ground. It is the Church and Kingdom of God, or it is nothing."
President Gordon B. Hinckley, General Conference, April 2003

"Well, it's either true or false. If it's false, we're engaged in a great fraud. If it's true, it's the most important thing in the world. Now, that's the whole picture. It is either right or wrong, true or false, fraudulent or true."
President Gordon B. Hinckley, Interview "The Mormons," 
PBS Documentary, April 2007
So true.  Either the Mormon Church is true or it is false.  There is no middle ground.  And from my research, I have come to the conclusion that it is false.  An enormous fraud.  A gigantic stack of cards.  Made up by Joseph Smith for his own purposes, and perpetuated by others through the years.

Of course, Gordon B. Hinckley had some other "great" quotes, like the one about the "couplet" that goes, "As man is, God once was; as God is, man may become," which he told Larry King he didn't know if the Mormons believe that or not.  Another link in a long chain of lies.  I'm sure he would have made Joseph Smith very proud.

And so, here is my latest LDS hymn parody...

I KNOW THAT MORMONISM FAILS
Sung to the tune of I Know That My Redeemer Lives #136

I know that Mormonism fails,
In every one of its details.
And so I’d like to scream and shout,
It’s false beyond a shred of doubt.


(Chorus)
I cannot live the Mormon Way,
They bow their heads and just obey.
But if they’d open up their eyes,
The lies they just might recognize.


I know that none of it makes sense,
And there is not a good defense
For all the lies that they disperse
As they recite each scripture verse.


(Chorus)
I used to love the Mormon Church,
But then I did my own research.
It was made up by Joseph Smith,
So clear that it is just a myth.


So long I tried to just believe,
Tried to have faith, could not conceive
That it is laced with such deceit,
With lies and falsehoods it’s replete.


(Chorus)
For none of what they say is true,
And so my disillusion grew.
Could not believe it anymore,
And so, I finally closed the door.


I know that it is filled with lies
And there can be no compromise
Because the truth is what I seek,
And all their arguments are weak.


(Chorus)
With Mormonism I am through
Because I know it isn’t true.
They say that it’s the Word of God,
But now I know it’s just a fraud.



© Diane Tingen, 2/5/2012

No comments: