Tuesday, December 4, 2018

CLUELESS MORMONS - Song Parody of "Desperado" by the Eagles



















CLUELESS MORMONS
Sung to the tune of Desperado by the Eagles

Clueless Mormons, why don’t you come to your senses?
You been blindly believin’ for so long now.
Oh, it’s a hard one
And I know that you got your reasons,
But what they are telling you
Will hurt you somehow.

Don’t you think about the lack of truth?
The lies and plain deception?
You know that Googling is always your best bet.
Now it seems to me some signals
Have been laid upon your table,
But you turn away and seem to just forget.

Clueless Mormons, it ain’t getting’ no truer,
The lies and deception, they’re right there to see.
And freedom, oh freedom, well, that’s us ExMormons talkin’ -
Our prison was broken when we saw through the lies.

Don’t the lies get old in the Mormon Church?
It makes no sense when you really search,
It’s clear to me deception is their game.
You’re grasping at the slightest sign,
But it’s obvious it is not what they claim.

Clueless Mormons, why don’t you come to your senses?
Put down your defenses, open your eyes.
It may be painful, but there's support all around you,
You better stop your just believing (stop your just believing),
You better stop your just believing,
See through the disguise.

© Diane Tingen, 12/4/18


2 comments:

Luca Shelt said...

Hi! I hope you are having a nice day. I was looking up the lyrics to a hymn and I came across your blog and, being a memeber of the Church as a youth, was curious. I have always known that people choose to leave the Church but I have never talked to any of them. I am, though a bit curious as to how a why you left the Church. What specifically about our history did you oppose to that prompted you to leave? What are the lies are you disgusted by? Would you possibly have any critique? Thanks for reading and interesting blog!:)

Diane Tingen said...

Hi Luca. Thanks for your comment and questions. If you read the home page on my two blogs (ExMormon Hymn Book and Mormonism Schism), you'll find the answers to your questions. Also, I have written a book about my journey away from Mormonism that discusses the many reasons I disassociated myself from the Mormon Church (and a link to where that book is available on Kindle is also on my blog). Basically, I was an active member of the Mormon Church almost since birth until I was 52 years old. But in the Summer of 2001, I went on a Mormon Church History Tour and decided to do some research beforehand so I would know more about the key places we were going to visit. In doing so, I began to discovery the actual truth about what I consider to be the very sordid history of the Mormon Church. (1) discovered that Joseph Smith had 33 wives, 10 of whom were teenagers (one as young as 14) and 11 who were already married to living husbands - growing up, I had always been told that Polygamy began with Brigham Young, and it was done to take care of widows and unmarried women who needed help on the trek West from Nauvoo to Utah, but that is a blatant lie - and I had never been told about Polyandry being practiced (a woman having two husbands), but it was practiced by Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Parley P. Pratt and several others. (2) Discovered the truth about Joseph Smith's arrest, jailing at Carthage, and his death there - I had always heard him called a "martyr" but that is not true - he was actually a criminal who ordered the destruction of the Nauvoo Expositor printing press and burning of the building in which it was housed because they dared to publish stories about his practice of polygamy, which he publicly denied over and over again. I could go on and on, but all of this and much more is contained in my blogs and my book. I hope you do your own research and discover the actual truth. They want you to just accept what they say, but that is not wise. I wish I had some my own research much earlier than I did, rather than relying on what I was told was true. I wasted a large part of my life on a bogus religion.