Thursday, November 24, 2011

THIS MUCH I KNOW - LDS Hymn Parody #45

I used to believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormons) was the only true church of God. I believed that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God who had restored God's true church in the latter-days. Basically, I believed everything they told me to believe.

But in 2001, I decided to go on a Mormon Church History Tour. Since I had not done much research into church history over the years, but had rather just accepted what they told me to believe, I decided that I would do some reading and research prior to going on this trip so I would know more when I visited the key places. You know, so I would know what happened at each place and be more versed about important events. But that was the beginning of the end for me as I began to discover the truth underlying it all, and finally came to the conclusion that the Mormon Church is built on a stack of lies.  Sad and shocking, but also true.

I do not say any of that lightly or flippantly. After all, I was a TBM (true believing Mormon) for over 50 years before I began to seriously question it all. I had various issues over the years but nothing that drove me away - until I began to realize that the church I had devoted my life to was actually filled with lies. Not an easy thing to realize or accept. But I now know, without any doubt whatsoever, that the Mormon Church is actually a fraud created by Joseph Smith and perpetuated by others through the years to the present day. Yes, this much I know...

THIS MUCH I KNOW
Sung to the tune of Lead, Kindly Light,#97



The Mormon Church is just a stack of lies,
This much I know.
Deception deep, but that is no surprise,
This much I know.
The lies are clear, I’ve seen beneath the mask,
Just tell the truth, is that too much to ask?


Once I believed, and tried to live it all,
But now I know.
Read on my own, and then I hit the wall,
For now I know.
Life is too short to overlook the lies,
So grateful now I finally opened my eyes.


But it is sad that there are many who
Believe the lies.
I only wish that they would get a clue,
It’s filled with lies.
It was made up, for me there is no doubt,
And if they’d look, they too just might find out.


What can I say, it is so clear to me,
A stack of lies.
It’s common sense, so very plain to see,
No compromise.
For Joseph Smith was not a Prophet of God,
The Mormon Church is simply just a fraud.


© Diane Tingen, 11/24/2011

No comments: