Wednesday, November 9, 2011

JOSEPH, THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU - LDS Hymn Parody #39

Another LDS Hymn Parody - the 39th one I have written to date.  Getting closer to my goal...

This LDS Hymn Parody is obviously self-explanatory.  It addresses my firm belief that Joseph Smith made up the whole thing.  In my opinion, he created the Mormon Church for his own purposes, one of which was his desire to practice polygamy.  And I don't say that lightly or flippantly.  I once believed that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God who at the age of 14 was visited in the First Vision by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I used to believe that Joseph Smith was guided by God to create the Mormon Church, and that it is the only true church on the face of the earth.  I was a True Believing Mormon to the core.

As I have explained at various places in this blog, I was a TBM until I was 52 years old.  My journey away from Mormonism began in 2001 when I started doing my own research in preparation for going on a Mormon Church History Tour.  Before going, I decided to study church history so I would know more when we visited the key places (since I had never really done that but had rather relied on what I was told to believe).  But that was the beginning of the end for it as I began to uncover the actual sordid history of the Mormon Church, and the more I studied and researched, the more I realized that there was only one explanation for it all - that Joseph Smith made it all up.  And since its inception, the lies have been perpetuated by various Mormon leaders who have convinced many people that the Mormon Church truly is the only true church.  Unfortunately, many TBMs rely on what they are told and do not engage in any type of independent research.  That was my downfall - relying on what I was told without studying it out on my own, independently.  Believing it all without really knowing for myself.  Not wise, and something I totally regret now.  If only I had studied it out more in my youth so I wouldn't have had to spend more than half my life in the Mormon Church.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

JOSEPH, THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOU
Sung to the tune of Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee, #141

Joseph, the very thought of you
Fills me with such disdain.
Making it up so blatantly,
Facts no one can explain.

What were you thinking when you said
All of it came from God?
It is apparent to me now
You were a total fraud.

Why did you think it was okay
To all those women wed?
It is so obvious to me
You wanted them in bed.

Joseph created all of it,
Made up the Mormon Church.
It is so clear when studied out,
Just do your own research.

© Diane Tingen, 11/9/2011

No comments: