Tuesday, November 13, 2018

CRAZY CAT LADY??!!

I was looking through comments on my blog and came across one that was posted in August 2018 (to "Come, See All the Lies - LDS Hymn Parody #119).

Here's the comment:  "Wow, it seems like you have a lot of free time to do this type of crap.  Get a life, cat lady!"

So Ms./Mr. ANONYMOUS, here's my reply to you:

You may see me as a "crazy cat lady" (the word crazy is implied in the phrase "cat lady"), but this blog and the hymn/song parodies I write are my way of dealing with how the Mormon Church micro-managed my life for 54 years.  If you happened to actually read my blog, you know that I feel the Mormon Church is a bogus religion which was created by Joseph Smith and perpetuated through the years by other men for their own questionable purposes.  Although you may not like what you phrase as the "crap" I write, that doesn't matter to me.  What does matter to me is getting the word out there to help others who may be struggling with questioning Mormonism, and to add my voice to the choir of dissenters who hope that one day the Mormon Church will cease to exist just as other dangerous cults have disintegrated in the past.

The fact that you even went on my blog is a statement all by itself.  Perhaps you were just surfing the web or perusing blogs, but it is more likely that you are a True Believing Mormon (TBM).  The fact that you called what I write "crap" and characterized me as a "crazy cat lady" is a dead give-away.  Usually when TBMs find information on the internet like that which is contained in my blog, they have to lash out.  But even if they do last out as you have done, it is still my sincere hope that a seed has been planted and may grow into actual questioning.  Any religion worth adhering to should be able to be examined under a microscope in order to determine its credibility.  When I did that with Mormonism, though, it did not stand up under the scrutiny.  If you're interested, all of my views about Mormonism are contained within a book I have written - "Closing the Door on Mormonism: The AHA! Moments that Triggered my Awakening," available as an e-book on Amazon/Kindle.


As I've said before about ANONYMOUS comments, making a comment to which I can't reply directly to the person is the epitome of cowardice.  I am not ANONYMOUS on my blog or anywhere else.  My real name is all over this blog, and I can be contacted easily by email through my blog, so no one has any excuse for posting an anonymous comment other than being afraid to talk to me directly.  And if by any chance you wish to come out of the shadows, you know where to find me. 

And one more thing - I have a dog.  One dog.

No comments: