Sunday, July 26, 2015

THE VOICE OF REASON HAS BEEN HEARD - LDS Hymn Parody #117

Ah yes, the voice of reason has been heard - and thank goodness for that!!  Having been practically born and raised Mormon, I was programmed from a very early age not to doubt and to just believe. Critical thinking was never part of the equation. Of course, just accepting things that are told to you and not questioning or digging deeper is not wise. But that's what Mormons are taught to do.  I'm so glad I finally researched on my own to find the actual truth - that the Mormon Church is built on a stack of lies.

And so the cycle has been broken.  No longer am I clinging to a religion that is obviously bogus.  So yes, I rejoice my extrication every day, so thankful for my final disconnection.

THE VOICE OF REASON HAS BEEN HEARD

1. The voice of reason has been heard,
The cycle has been broken.
Effects of Mormonism gone,
The weight of such a burden.
Rejoice, all those who turn away,
Rejoice your extrication.
Begins anew this happy day
Of final disconnection.

2. The Mormon Church is built on lies,
Duplicity its story.
So clearly it is just a fraud,
But I believed it blindly
Until I opened up my eyes
And saw the truth unfolding.
No compromise for such a sham,
Deception overflowing.

© Diane Tingen
7/26/2015

No comments: